Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT)
- What is LLLT?
LLLT is a laser or LED light therapy that improves tissue repair (skin wounds, muscle, tendon, bone, nerves), reduces inflammation and reduces pain wherever the beam is applied. Usually applied by a doctor, therapist or technician, treatments typically take 1 – 10 minutes and should be applied two or more times a week.
- How it works?
LLLT works predominately on a protein in mitochondria (cytochrome c oxidase) to increase ATP and reduce oxidative stress. A cascade of mitochondrial and intracellular downstream effects lead to improved tissue repair and reduced inflammation.
What Does Laser Therapy Do
In my Practice I use a safe and effective device known as Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) which is a cold form of laser, which should not be confused with high intensity or hot lasers as used in industry and medical procedures.
LLLT works on a deep cellular level by re-energising the body’s cellular, enzyme and protein systems, which helps the body heal from deep inside.
Laser treatment quite literally uses the energy of light (photons) which is one of the most fundamental forces of life, providing energy which accelerates the healing of sick or damaged cells, helping soft tissues and internal organs and systems to repair themselves, – thus working with nature – not against it.
The use of Laser therapy has been well documented and researched by international medical research centres, and found to be effective in treating a wide variety of medical conditions since the 1980’s
LLLT is now being used by physiotherapists, chiropractors, osteopaths, chiropodists, dentists, veterinarians, sports massage therapists etc.
LLLT is needle-free so is ideal for children and needle-phobic clients.
LLLT treatments result in:
- Pain relief
- Increased growth factor response equals:
– faster healing of damaged skin and soft tissues
– Reduction of scarring, adhesions. Lesions, fibrosis, sclerosis
– Improves collagen and elastin production (cosmetic effects)
– Regeneration of muscles, tendons and ligaments
– Regeneration of lymph vessels & nodes
– Faster bone repair
– Resolution of infections
- Reduction & removal of pro – inflammatory and pain-inducing substances
- Reduction or elimination of medication
- Impressive reduction of stress symptoms
- Prevention of dis-ease
- Increased energy production and protein synthesis
- Promotion of cellular communication
- Stimulation of immune system
- Energising depleted enzyme systems
- Stimulation of DNA and mitochondrial repair
- Promotes vasodilation
- Promotes oxygen and nutrient transport
- Improved cellular detoxification
- Reduction of Lymphoedema and lymph blockages
- Restoring nerve pathways
For more information visit www.thorlaser.com or enter “low level laser therapy” in any search engine.
What is LLLT used for?
- Neuropathic pain
- Maxiofascial pain
- Acute and Chronic neck and shoulder pain
- Sports injuries
- Whiplash injury
- Heel pain
- Acute and Chronic back pain
- Raynaud’s disease
- Tennis Elbow
- Sinusitis / rhinitis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Carpal Tunnel syndrome
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Achilles tendon
- Fractures / Broken Bones
- Joint pain
- Frozen Shoulder
- Restless leg syndrome
- Leg Cramps
- Hay fever
- Morton’s Neuroma
Skin Conditions and Infections:
- Sun burn
- Herpes infections
- Dermatitis and Eczema
- Warts and Verrucae
- Psoriasis and Lupus
- Cold Sores
If your condition is not listed, please call.
Ingrown Toe Nails
What our clients have said
“After suffering for 10 years with verrucas and nobody able to help me, I went to see Richard who following 6 months of treatment has finally rid me of the dreaded verruca curse. Thank you Richard!”
- Lyme Regis
“Professional,friendly caring service. Effective verruca treatment by a chiropodist who understands the misery of persistent pain caused by a verruca on the ball of the foot.”
- Newton Abbot
“Professional, friendly, caring service. Effective treatment of very painful verruca by a chiropodist who understands the misery caused by persistent pain on the sole of the foot.”